Tracking the shifting economic landscape, using changing dividend payments across global emerging and developed equities markets
EMERGING MARKETS (EM) IN ASIA DOMINATING DIVIDEND RESILIENCE IN 2021…
- We believe the strong performance of income-oriented Value strategies in EM this year is set to continue.
- Dividend recovery likely in the coming months across EM ex-Asia.
- Distortions are washing out of dividend futures curves following structured equity selling pressure in 2020.
We believe significant alpha opportunities exist for the discerning stock selector focused on the discovery of sustainable future income potential…
Click your mouse on any country name or sector name you wish to explore, and the image will expand into that area. Have fun!
About RDM: Rothko uses a CalcDPS feature powered by a proprietary AI engine that picks up subtle and forward-looking changes in dividend policies across thousands of companies in developed and emerging markets. This feature captures changes in regular dividend payments, announced changes, changes in payments made, changes to special and other dividends that may imply a more regular payment intention by companies as well as dividend policies announced and reported by companies.
About the RDM data visualization: MSCI All Countries World Constituents are used here. Sizing is based on USD market capitalization as at 30 September 2020. Colouring relates to the percentage change in USD dividends per share (DPS) and represents changes in dividend policy such as regular payments missed, changes in normal dividends, includes currency valuations and changes in outstanding shares in issuance. We are showing only those companies that have seen a change in regular, announced or stated dividends. Those that have not paid nor altered payments since 31 March 2020 are not included in this analysis but will be updated as changes occur.
Important Notes and Disclosures:
- Views expressed were current as of the date indicated, are subject to change, and may not reflect current views. All information is subject to change without notice.
- Views should not be considered a recommendation to buy, hold or sell any investment and should not be relied on as research or advice.
- This document may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical facts are forward- looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those reflected in such forward-looking statements.
- This material is for informational purposes only and is not an offer or solicitation with respect to any securities. Any offer of securities can only be made by written offering materials, which are available solely upon request, on an exclusively private basis and only to qualified financially sophisticated investors.
- The information was obtained from sources we believe to be reliable, but its accuracy is not guaranteed and it may be incomplete or condensed.
- Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. An investment involves the risk of loss. The investment return and value of investments will fluctuate.
- It should not be assumed that investments made in the future will be profitable or will equal the performance of any security referenced in this piece. Securities referenced are for informational purposes only and are not an indication of current or previous holdings.
- Rothko Investment Strategies is a trading name of Mondrian Investment Partners Limited.
- Mondrian Investment Partners Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.